Take your blanket and comfortable socks, put on a show worthy of the frenzy and make yourself one of these hot and delicious drinks. They will make you feel as warm and fuzzy indoors as you do outdoors!
Many people (especially those from the North) are not too fond of the cold and dark winter months. Sometimes, however, all you need to smile is a great book and a hot drink. Try one of these seven drink recipes and warm up.
Hot chocolate: the quintessential winter drink
Nothing says "snowy day" like sipping a steaming cup of hot cocoa. This tends to evoke fond memories of building snowmen and sledding until your fingers are frozen. It’s also one of the best ways to banish that red nose.
Here are some of our favorite recipes that you can share with your kids:
- Gingerbread hot chocolate: This recipe goes beyond a packet of ready-to-use hot chocolate. Fresh ginger, allspice and cloves make a fantastic drink that you will love. Just add sugar, milk and cocoa powder, as well as whipped cream. This recipe also goes very well with freshly baked gingerbread men, so let's go!
Get the recipe: Happy Foods Tube
- Hot cocoa with almonds and orange: Filled with healthy ingredients, including organic almond milk, honey and freshly squeezed orange juice, you don't have to feel guilty about this hot cocoa.
Get the recipe: Raia Recipes
- Cookies and hot chocolate with cream: Now that we have chosen the healthy option, let's take a look at this calorie recipe. A drink that includes a chocolate cookie wrapped with a sweet cream filling can never go wrong! Each rich and creamy sip is amazed.
Get the recipe: Mom's kitchen
Hot tea to warm your soul
Hot tea is often overlooked, especially by coffee addicts, and we get it. however, many people love the spicy and natural flavors that tea has to offer.
Here are some of our favorite tea recipes:
- Cinnamon tea: Whenever you feel under the weather or if you suffer from a bad case of sniffles, cinnamon tea could help. The ginger in this recipe can also work wonders for nausea, while honey and cinnamon can soothe sore throats. If you get the flu this winter, try this simple recipe – you may feel much better, much sooner!
Get the recipe: Life Stream Blog
- Spicy fall apple tea: This recipe is so delicious, you will wonder why you waited so long to discover the joys of hot tea! Whole cloves, cinnamon sticks and sliced apples all infuse this tea and apple juice blender. Enjoy it with a coffee cake or freshly baked muffins.
Get the recipe: Most often homemade mom
Pleasant lattes and coffee in the morning
Of course, we wouldn’t dare to leave the latte and coffee aside! This list would be incomplete without them.
Each of these recipes offers a unique and delicious touch:
- Snickerdoodle Latte: If you love freshly made snickerdoodle cookies, why not have one that you can drink, with the necessary amount of caffeine? The espresso, brown sugar and ground cinnamon in this recipe complement each other perfectly. While you're at it, you can also check out the other latte recipes at Yumm's house—Some include Nutella, pumpkin spices and even salted caramel.
Get the recipe: Yumm's house
- Banana milk coffee: This unique recipe is just as heavenly as the author describes it. You mash a banana with a tablespoon of sugar, heat it in a saucepan, then add the cinnamon and milk. After you've mixed everything, just pour it over your cup of hot, freshly brewed coffee. This natural hot drink is creamy and full of fresh flavors.
Get the recipe: Inside the rustic kitchen